TRISA released v1.5.0 of the Global Directory Service (GDS), a major step in its roadmap and mission to help VASPs comply with the Travel Rule. The GDS is a network of TRISA-verified VASPs that can securely exchange Travel Rule compliance data with each other.
The v1.5.0 release is a milestone step towards certificate self-service as well as the ability to allow service providers to offer compliance support for VASPs. GDS v1.5.0 includes significant updates to the TRISA user and membership experience, including:
- A VASP portal with self-service tools
- A dynamic dashboard and the ability to receive updates, manage certificates, access the directory, and contact technical support
- Enhanced and unified certificate registration process that includes helper tools to complete the process quickly
From a workflow perspective, the update introduces user accounts so that a user must login before registering a VASP for a certificate. The VASP registration form is saved on the server so they may log out and return at any time. In addition, users will be able to have access to members-only content, if authenticated.
TRISA will continue to add features and functionality to the GDS, including new service provider features, the ability to add collaborators, access to the member directory, technical support resources, and verified logos/ site marks.
VASPs can join TRISA at vaspdirectory.net.
The Travel Rule Information Sharing Alliance (TRISA) is a professional working group of VASP operators, Travel Rule solution providers, regulators, advisors, and technical implementers dedicated to making cross-border exchanges of cryptocurrencies safe and lawful. TRISA consists of several components including:
- The TRISA Working Group, a 501(c)(6) professional organization
- A white paper that describes a protocol for an open source, interoperable, and decentralized messaging layer for Travel Rule compliance
- The Global Directory Service, a network of trusted VASPs with TRISA as the Trusted VASP Certificate Authority
- An open source Github repository with documentation to implement secure messaging between VASPs